Tuesday 20 October 2015

Final Images - Technical Folder

Here are the images from my final look. I am really pleased with how the mould looks on camera, as you can hardly see the edges of the mould. I think the mould looks realistic, but I think if I were to revisit this look, I would create another mould of smaller acid burns to scatter them on the side of the face, which I think would look more natural and realistic. I am pleased on my first attempt of creating and applying my mould, and I have learnt a lot that I will have to think about next time, such as the use of petrolease, which created the small indents in the wound, which worked well for me this time, but if I needed a wound that was smooth, I would have to remake it. I feel the use of every-day makeup on the other side of the face makes it look as if she is trying to get back to her old-life before the attack, and the viewer sympathises with her. In a couple of the images, the shadow catches the edge of the mould, which makes it look stuck-on. The bottom image where the light is straight on the mould makes it look more realistic, as the wound blends seamlessly into the skin. If I were to do this wound again, I would change the shape a little, as if the acid dripped down her face. I would have liked to use gelatine and make the wound come further down the jaw, onto the neck. I would have liked the silicone wound to have come further up towards her eye, and maybe make another prosthetic to make it seem as if her eye was drooping, and reinforce this with a white contact lens to make it seem as if she was blinded in the attack. 








No comments:

Post a Comment