Thursday 26 November 2015

Choosing my horns.

For my design of my Human Hybrid, I decided to use horns. It would be too difficult and too heavy for me to make the horns out of silicone, as well as it being very difficult to even stick on the horns if I had made them. So, I went on to look for shops that sold prosthetic horns. Most were retailing at around £15 for two, so I was really struggling to find pairs that fitted my hybrid on a budget. I came across an online retailer selling a pair for £6 a pair, so bought two packs of large horns and two packs of small horns. When they came I was pleasantly surprised with them. On the right in the picture is the bigger size horn, and the smaller on the left. I think that these have an appropriate shape, colour and texture to what I am looking for when it comes to the horns on my hybrid. They are both made from latex, and come with an adhesive in each back. I am really pleased with the standard of these horns, as I can really envision what they are going to look like when I apply the to the bald cap. I have chosen to put the larger horns more towards the top of the head, whilst the smaller horns are going more towards the bottom. I am going to blend them into the bald cap by blending fuller's earth up the sides. I am excited now as I have got all of the products and materials to create my hybrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment