Tuesday 17 November 2015

Human Hybrid Moodboard

When creating my hybrid, I like to be able to visualise all of my ideas in one image, so a moodboard allows me to do just that. I created this moodboard based on my human hybrid of a Regal Desert Lizard X Human Hybrid. I started this by using the image of desert sands as a backdrop. This is my preferred way of creating a moodboard, as no part of the canvas is clear. I prefer my mood boards to be full of images, allowing the viewer to jump from element to element, understanding my idea as they go. I then decide to layer the image of lightning across the desert sands, and reduce the opacity, so that it is only just noticeable. This gives more depth to the image. I then imported a couple of images from Google Images and Pinterest (my favourite creative site), and played around with their placement. I do not like to make one image locked into place, as I like to be able to move the images around to see what is the best composure of the image. I have experience of this, as it has been drilled into me over the past years in A Level Art and Photography, where learning about how to compose an image to make it visually effective. I places the row of crocodile back spikes down the side of the image, even though it is not directly a horned lizard, but is a relation in the reptile world. I am pleased with my moodboard as I have not over-cluttered it, and have thought about each of the image's placement on the canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment