Tuesday 24 November 2015

Using Fuller's Earth on my Bald Cap - Technical Folder

For the look, I would like to use Fuller's Earth on the bald cap as well, to create the cracking effect. I love how versatile the clay is, as you can use it both dry and wet to create a range of textures. When practising my bald cap application, I wanted to experiment with fuller's earth to see how I can create a range of looks. With this look below, I used fuller's earth, an afro comb and some gold spray paint.

First, I applied a heavy amount of fuller's earth to the bald cap, and covered the head roughly. I smoothed down the fullers earth, over the bald cap onto the forehead, and down the sides of the face. I then used an afro comb to create patterns in the clay, such as pin curls and the look of hair. I then went on the spray the whole of the head gold, using Kryolan's hair spray. I then painted my model's lips red, and this made the look very classic.

1920's hairstyle.
http://www.haircutsmakeup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/1920s-hairstyles-4.jpg
I am really intrigued with the effects that I can create using the fuller's earth. It is a more messy approach to decoration, but I really enjoyed this process. I think that fuller's earth is definitely going to be a necessity in my kit, as it is such a versatile product, and can be used for many things. My look resembles that of the 1920's, with a modern twist. Although this chosen look has very little to do with my hybrid look, I learnt a lot about the product that I will be using in my chosen hybrid look. Once I had finished the look, we placed a black towel behind the model as a backdrop, as this makes the look so much more effective, as you can clearly see the products and colours. A black back drop makes the  look much more clear.














No comments:

Post a Comment