Tuesday 17 November 2015

My Final Design - Technical Folder


This is my Final Design for my human hybrid. I have decided to use the Regal Horned Lizard as the second half of my hybrid, as this is an amazing animal on it's own, and hopefully I can do this justice when completing my hybrid. I have decided to have three different prosthetic pieces, consisting of one large piece going across the forehead, and two more pieces on either cheek. With the larger piece, I think this is going to be more difficult as it is sculpted around the eye sockets, which will be different for every person, so I need to be able to measure my model' face to make sure that this will be an appropriate fitting. The larger piece is going to consist of two outer sections, where the scales are smaller and drawn into the clay, then two raised areas for the brow bones. At the top of each raised arch, I am going to find horns to place, just like the horned lizard's. In the centre of this, I am going to individually place each scale onto the clay piece, so that they are raised and refined. I am going to use a bald cap on my model, and hide the ears with this, then have the prosthetic pieces curving around the head onto them. The bald cap is going to be decorated, but I am not entirely such of how I am going to do this. I am toying with the idea of using fuller's earth to cover the back of the bald cap, and letting it dry so that it cracks, forming a scale-like pattern. I will have horns towards the back of the head, in the same way the Regal Horned Lizards do. I would like the eyes to be either fully black like the lizard's, or slit-like like a serpent. This will be more of a 50/50 between human and reptile eyes.




Now I need to make my prosthetic pieces, and begin to design the makeup for my looks. I am happy with my final design, and am hoping it is a truly original idea. I am worried that I may have challenged myself a bit too much, but I am excited to see the outcome already! My main fears is that the look is too complicated, as there are prosthetic pieces, a bald cap, and horns to glue on involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment