Tuesday 17 November 2015

Designing my Prosthetic Pieces - Technical Folder

When it came to designing my hybrid, I started with a sketch of a Horned Lizard. By drawing this, it made me focus on the placement of all of it's features, such as the horns, eyes, mouth and nose. I was able to concentrate on the anatomy of the head, and the spacing. 

Rough Sketch by myself of a horned lizard. 

Rough Sketch of a Horned Lizard by Myself.
I then went on to complete a rough sketch of the scales and horns on a human. I was able to choose the placements of the scales, horns and raised parts of the human face. I enjoyed this as I was in full control of everything when I was designing. This was just a rough sketch of how I envisioned my lizard-hybrid when I first starting thinking of my hybrid. By drawing this, I will be able to adjust the spacing and placement of all of the features.



I am happy with the beginning of my design process. I like to be able to sketch my ideas out as it helps me visualise what I have in my head. I think there are a few more tweaks to be made on the sketched design, but I am happy with the look so far. From here, I need to work on a final design, then I can begin to make my final prosthetic pieces. I need to think about the placement and sizing of each of my prosthetic pieces to make sure that they are going to fit onto my model's head. This is the part that I am most worried about as there not certain way to make sure that the mould will fit the model's face. 









No comments:

Post a Comment